Do you have sciatica? This can be pain or numbness down the gluts, leg, or into the foot. It can also
be the feeling that “something is not right” in your leg.
This can usually be one of two things
1) Referral from structures of muscles, joints, ligaments, or discs of
the low back.
2) Nerve pain from the sciatic nerve, which usually goes into the foot
on one side. It can be described as electric/ hot pain. Not fun to have
if you haven’t experienced it!
Stretching can be helpful for both conditions. Come in and see me
for a proper diagnosis if you experience any of the symptoms above.
1. Knees to Chest
- Cross one leg over the other
- Pull knee to chest and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- You should experience a stretch in the buttocks, groin, and lower back
2. Hamstring Stretch
- You can use a towel as you can
keep a slight bend in the knee
- To avoid injuring your lower back, keep your back flat on the table
- Pull and hold for 30 seconds to a minute
3. 90/90 Stretch
You can do these a few times a day for relief of any sciatica symptoms. These are also great for the health of your hips and spine. Remember, joints like movement to stay lubricated and pain free.
If you have any chiropractic questions please let me know. I love hearing from you 🙂
Best in Health!
Experience unparalleled chiropractic care on the Fraser St. from our expert chiropractor Dr. Alexa Dykun. She is dedicated to providing personalized treatments tailored to your unique needs. Alleviate pain, improve mobility, and enhance your overall well-being by scheduling a chiropractic service at Honey and Garlic today. Visit our modern facility and discover why Honey and Garlic is the go-to choice for chiropractic care in the Fraser St. neighbourhood.